Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Hardest Month Yet....Birthdays

Well, for those of you that don't know...February is usually a very busy month for my family....Valentine's Day, my mom's birthday, and then my older brother's birthday. This year is going to be very different for us though...my older brother, Tom, isn't with us to celebrate his birthday on the 25th. Of course, this month has been harder for some of the family than past months. The days before my birthday (March 3) will be hard too...because between February 25 and March 3 has always been our "birthday celebration" when we have special meals and desserts and usually have our first cookout for the year.

Anyway, enough of that....yesterday was Valentine's day. We started the day with a phone call from my youngest brother saying that he, my younger brother and their friend were stuck because her car had died and they needed a jump. After close to an hour hooked up to Tara's car, we decided it was not just the battery. They all ended up coming to the house while my mom and I went out for our annual Valentine/birthday meal and a little shopping. Nothing too exciting.

Today we're having a family meal and whatever cake or ice cream mom decides on...she suggested lemon icebox pie, but I told her we'll do that for Tom's birthday like we've always done. So....we've got to decide what she'd like and fix it for everyone later.

Mom and I have been hoping to hear from one of my best friends from school so that we could keep her youngest daughter for a while...mom wants the distraction and I just love the little girl!! Anyway, nothing really new this week...maybe next week will be more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment