Friday, September 6, 2013

Big News...sorta

We picked the ring! Yes, my handsome boyfriend and I have decided on the ring and he plans to propose soon. We feel like we're already engaged since we've set a tentative date (February 27, 2015) and we've planned so much of our future together already, so we decided we might as well make it official with a ring and all. He asked me if I'd be comfortable with him proposing in front of his family (grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins, and mom), but I (jokingly) told him it would be better with fewer people around in case I say no.  haha  Of course, there's no chance of that happening. I'm just waiting patiently now and really wishing I already had the ring on my finger.

We bought a ring, but while it was being resized we decided we were going to use a different ring. The ring we're going to use belonged to my great aunt's daughter that passed away with cancer a couple years ago. We decided it would be a great symbol of our love for our families while we build our own family.

We talked to his mom about our upcoming engagement and she shed a few tears and told us how proud she is of us for getting to know one another and taking our time with our relationship. We've dated for nearly 2 years now and plan to be engaged for around a year and a half. He's my best friend and I know without a doubt he's the one I've been waiting for. I've sent many prayers up asking God to help prepare me for the man He was preparing for me and I truly believe that I've found him. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my days with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment