Thursday, August 8, 2013

Romance, Animals, Rumors, and Family

I haven't written in quite a while (as in a couple years), so figured I'd try to start blogging a little more.

I've met a guy, we'll call him Mr. L. Mr. L and I started talking and decided to meet in person on November 26, 2011 (that's right...nearly 2 years ago). He picked me up and we had the simplest date ever....we went to Wal-Mart to look for light bulbs for his desk lamp and then to IHOP for a late supper. It was perfect for us because we got to talk and be silly and we even had our first kiss in the rain....seriously, that's the stuff fairy tales are made of. haha  After having dinner he took me home and we sat outside talking (and kissing) for what seemed like forever, then he took my hand and awkwardly asked "Will you be my girlfriend?" and I told him "Well, I certainly don't kiss my friends like that." And it was the beginning of something wonderful.  :) 

I met his mom a couple of weeks later, spent Christmas with them and have been with them just about every other weekend since then (when he's off...he works nights and I work days, which makes timing a bit tricky sometimes). We're completely happy together and have discussed marriage, but are wanting to save up some money and get some bills paid off first. It'll happen when it happens, but until then I'm completely happy just knowing he's mine.

The past couple of weeks I've re-learned the joys of living in a small town...mainly gossip. Only this time it's about me. People have been telling my mom and I that I'm engaged and about to get married. This is not true, and I'm not sure where people have heard this from since they haven't met Mr. L yet. I made a post on facebook about it and am hoping that it will end soon.

I've got chickens! Yeah, living in the middle of nowhere has perks like owning chickens, ducks, rabbits, and a goat. I gave my rabbits away and am in the process of finding the goat a new home...and hopefully the ducks. I'd like to just get back to chickens and my dogs (a dachshund and a dachshund mix). Country life also brings snakes, raccoons, possums, strays, and mice....but it will be worth it when I start collecting fresh eggs from my chickens. I have one little hen sitting on a nest of eggs that should be hatching in about a week or so. I'll post pictures of the babies.

My family is as crazy as ever. My sister's still married to the idiot. He's in and out of jail for not paying fines, but refuses to work. She should just get rid of him. My other sister is engaged to a guy that doesn't work and has warrants out for him. My youngest brother is married to a girl that doesn't want to work or take care of the house or kids....and she runs to her family anytime my brother won't do something for her (like give her money for diet pills that aren't working, or if he buys something for the kids and not for her). My other younger brother is  in jail for not paying fines...because he doesn't want to work. Lazy people never prosper.

I'm not lazy and I feel like I'm constantly falling behind on everything...student loan payment, bills, housework, yard work, etc. I'm working as  a secretary because there hasn't been any elementary teaching jobs open and I'm so dissatisfied with my job it's unbearable. I've put in so many applications to schools and day cares in the area that they're probably tired of seeing me. I've considered going back to school to add another certification (special ed would be amazing), but just don't think I can afford it right now and that bums me out.

Anywho...I'm at work, so I guess I should do a little work or something. It's weird how that's expected of you, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment