Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Marriage

Ok...so my younger brother is planning to get married. He's not just getting married, he's getting married to a girl none of the family likes...a girl that has 3 children but doesn't take care of any of them...a girl that has always been on my list of people I don't like or want to be around.

It's not just that they're getting married. They're getting married 2 hours away from here because that's where her mom lives (even though the rest of her family lives around here). They want all of us to drive 2 hours there so they can get married in a gazebo...by the justice of the peace. After the wedding, they want everyone to drive the 2 hours BACK here so that they can have a party (I guess in place of a reception). AND we don't know what time any of this is on the 22nd of this month because we have to wait for out invitation to come in the mail. And their reason for rushing this....because my brother wants to leave. They're planning on living in a trailer like 2 miles down the road.

On another note, my dachshund puppy, Molly is growing pretty fast. She's such a cutie! My niece, Madison will tell you "This puppy's name is Miss Molly Mae." Things have been pretty dreary around here. It has rained for about the last week (maybe over a week). Yesterday it just sprinkled some and today i think i actually saw the sun a little. It's supposed to start raining again tonight and rain at least through the 12th. I'm SO tired of rain!


1 comment:

  1. One thing I learned from my son's first marriage is that we as relatives have no say whatsoever on the choice of spouse that our loved ones make.

    Your job is to try to get along with her as long as she is your sister-in-law, like it or not. I had to do it for 7 years while my son was married to HER. I STILL have to do it now that they are divorced so that I can see my granddaughter.

    While you may not like HER, you will lose contact with your brother if you don't suck it up and be nice. Trust me on this.

    ReplyDelete