Monday, September 21, 2009

Been a while...

Geez Louise, it's been a long time! I haven't been up to much, so I didn't think I had a lot to write about. I think I was just procrastinating again.

My niece has started preschool and is loving it. Unfortunately, we're still hoping that her lazy dad will look for a job (something he hasn't done in nearly a year). My sister just has to work extra hard to make ends meet because of him. I wonder how his child support for his son is getting paid? hmm...

It's been a year since my brother died. For those of you who don't know, he was working painting a water tower and fell from the top. He died on impact on September 19th last year. It's been a hard year, but every year has it's ups and downs. Unfortunately, we just learned that his boss hasn't paid for the funeral or headstone yet, and they can't deliver the headstone until it's paid for. We're waiting because we have total confidence that his boss will follow through with this promise.

I've been searching for a job. Unfortunately, elementary teaching jobs around here are kind of scarce. A few of the schools around here actually let some teachers go at the end of the year last year because they had small class sizes and were able to combine them some. I've searched more, but still have not been able to find anything. Jobs are scarce and people aren't leaving their jobs to make room for new people.

I've been having some health problems...yeah, imagine that! I've had bronchitis since around July 27th and it doesn't seem to want to go away. I've been through 3 rounds of antibiotics, steroids and cough syrup...yet, it's still here. The doctors told me that they want to do a pulmonary function test to check for something more serious than acute bronchitis, but I haven't been back to the doctor again. It's hard to go to the doctor when you aren't able to find work and you've been broke for forever.

Just an update on the animal neglect blog...I contacted PETA. They weren't as helpful as I would have hoped. They just called the policeman that I had spoken to. They told me that the officer said that all of the dogs had food, water, and some form of shelter. I acknowledged all of that, but the shelter wasn't big enough for all of the dogs and there were several dogs with eye infections. Anyway, I guess nothing came of that, but I wish that they had done something.

I guess that's all for now. I'm sure more will be going on to write about. I just hope I can remember to write! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment